Monday, June 25, 2012

Reading


Last week I didn't write anything here.  I wrote cover letters and emailed responses to apartment listings.  I scoured the interwebs for jobs in Washington that might point me toward a career instead of another way to kill a couple of years (anyone remember my brief stint as the front desk girl at a Days Inn?)

I also read the Slaughter article and am still reading Mommy Wars.  I thought a lot about what it means to be a woman in the workforce and what it means to be a woman who wants to have a lot of kids and be a mom like my mom was and still have a professional life.  It seems like this is an intractable problem and that no matter how mean we are to each other it will be an issue.  There isn't a two cent fix or we would have fixed it.

All of which is to say that I have been absent.  I'm back though.

And you are welcome for the bad cell phone picture of my knees.  It's what my weekend/week looked like.  Sometimes there was a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment