Friday, October 15, 2010

Last Weekend


My mother and I went to Rhinebeck, NY for the State 2010 Sheep and Wool Festival last weekend. I could not have been more excited. Normally I would insert a self-deprecating remark here like "the line forms to the left, boys," or "golly gee I'm so cool it hurts," but eff it, I was a small child waiting for Christmas. I have no shame.

So. Crisis. I need a bangin pattern for an aran shawl. Back story: I found a booth occupied by a woman from Wales who owns her own Lincoln sheep and spins all of her own wool. I bought two skeins of natural wool. She didn't know the yardage and thus neither do I but it was so gorge I needed it (THIS is why I still live at home). Anyway, sweater is too risky because of possible yardage restrictions so shawl it is.

Image via

No comments:

Post a Comment