Friday, August 31, 2012
Monday, August 27, 2012
- I had a job interview today. I don't think it went well which is a shame because it's a fantastic job and would give me the experience grad school says I need to have before I apply.
- My feet hurt so royally on the way to and from the interview that I stopped on my way home and bought the faux Toms above in the ghetto. Sometimes I really, really like ghetto shoes.
- This waiting for an employer to call you back and give you a job so you can stop walking the dog and day-smoking is so dreadful. I know once I get a job the days I spent cooking and applying for jobs and reading blogs will seem like a magical luxury but now they just feel lonely and long.
- Does anyone else have a partner in law school? Will I ever see him again?
- I really resolved to quit the moving-stress-smoking habit once I moved but now it's just become the job-hunting-stress-smoking habit.
- I am currently living 0.4 miles away from the house of my best friend from high school - until she moved to Durham to be near me.
- But I spent the weekend with my family and my sister tres is coming for dinner tomorrow and my dad and I are going to grab breakfast on Friday before the DMV.
- Transitions are not easy for me.
Friday, August 24, 2012
My mother looking like my sister Jessie.
My mother looking gorgeous.
Making a Hannah-face
My twin sisters are identical but one looks like my mother and the other like my father. My dad is making the most Ellen of faces here.
Something about this picture of my uncle, maybe the way he is sitting, reminds me of my brother.
And grandma and grandpa on the lake. Looking magnificent.
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
We are here. Unpacked and the art is up (some of the art - our bedroom is still a bit of a mess). I am applying for jobs and I am painting large swatches of colour on the walls and trying to decide if I can branch out of the world of grey.
Our cups and bowls and tea pot are up on shelves. I perhaps should have waited until I painted the kitchen before I put up all these crazy brackets. Oh well.