Friday, January 30, 2009

Stuffed Cuties

I worship at the feet of Martha Stewart every day of the year and my love for her knows no bounds, but I especially have a sick, sick love for the Holiday Issue. The woman is genius. These stuffed animals are the most adorable things.

Stuffed Animals How-To

These have been on my list of projects to do since Christmas. My grandmother passed away two months ago and we have recently started cleaning. I found some of her old wool sweaters with stains or holes and decided to give these animals a try. I cut off the buttons and felted the wool by washing it on the gentle cycle in the washing machine (it took three washes for them to felt properly). I've started the lamb from my grandmother's fair isle sweater. Martha's directions are a bit vague and confusing (but it's probably me because Martha is never wrong. EVER.) but I am trying to work through them. I'll post pictures when it's finished.  It may run a bit along the creeptacular line, but I think it's a nice, subtle way to remember my grandmother.

MEC

No comments:

Post a Comment