Monday, December 7, 2009

Advent Calendars


I don't have an Advent calendar this year. For the first time in at least 22 years (whatever, leave me alone) I have no little doors to open each day of December leading up to Christmas. I hadn't thought of it at all but now that I have I feel as though I have failed in adequately following Christmas tradition and turned my back on one of my favorite childhood holiday activities. This realization saddens me because I am not an adult yet dammit and I think I need to remedy the situation pronto.


My mother bought me an Advent calendar from Germany the Christmas I was five years old. It was a Christmas tree and the little doors opened to reveal the ornaments. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I've been looking for a similar one for ages to no avail. These, however, are still pretty awesome and make me nostalgic for childhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment