Friday, March 6, 2009

Dear John Huey, Hal Rubinstein and Cynthia Weber Cleary: An Open Letter

To The Editor in Chief and Fashion Editors:


It has recently come to my attention that your magazine ran an article entitled "You Can Do Jumpsuits" which is unkind, because you can't. Neither can I. I know you think "jumpsuits combine the ease of a dress with the comfort of pants" but that's irrelevant. Eating only radishes and drinking tofu smoothies would make me a svelt goddess, that does NOT mean its a good idea. Please. Even the picture I posted here makes my eyes bleed.


I know that unemployment is up 3% nationally and Teri Gross has been on a really tedious musical theatre kick recently (how many more times can we talk about Guys and Dolls, Teri PLEASE) and the weather's been crazy and La Wintour has managed to pump out yet another awesome issue even though she's all about excess and luxury and we are, as a nation, poor as can be. I understand that it must be stressful but you cannot give in to jumpsuits or the elastic-waisted, tiered, denim skirt before you. I think I had one of these when I was five, my sisters and I all did. We called them Cup Cake Skirts because it's a hot, froufrou mess, we knew it then and we were five. Please. Go out for a smoke, read Vogue, have a cuppa tea. Don't succumb to the pressure.
Be well,

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment