Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow and Sweaters


Today was a snow day in New York City. Due to a foot and a half of snow, even the public schools were closed, an event almost unheard of. After the necessary shoveling I stayed in for the rest of the day watching Marie Antoinette, a lovely present from Hannah, drinking tea, and knitting. I'm THIS close to finishing my first sweater. All that stands between me and a cozy sweater of joy is a few live stitches on the hood and the underarms that must be joined by the Kitchener stitch, which I tried to learn tonight but must resume tomorrow. It's not hard but its a bit complex and gets quite confusing. This video helps considerably. I will post pictures tomorrow when it's finally finished and I can call myself a real knitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment