Friday, May 13, 2011

Summer Reading


A couple of weeks ago David and I went to the library sale and came home with three backs full of books. I'm attempting to make a serious dent in the gazillions of books hanging around the house unread. I found gorgeous copies of Women On War, Edited by Daniela Gioseffi and Male and Female, By Margaret Mead that will fill my quota of non-fiction. After hearing this, I think it's time to revisit My Antonia By Willa Cather. I was mad about it when I was twelve so in theory it will be twelve years better. The Golden Notebook, By Doris Lessing has been kicking around our flat for a while and I loved her short stories. Miami, By Joan Didion has been on my bedside table since we moved a year ago and I've reread the first chapter like eight times. This summer it will happen. Fast Food Nation, By Eric Schlosser and Primary Colours have also been on my To-Read list for way to long. This summer baby this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment