Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring and Sail Boats


It appears the winter is finally packing up and moving out of New York City. Our magnolia is in bloom and my bare legs have come out of hiding. There's a slight fragrance in the air of fresh grass and sweet flowers and Central Park is green again. Perhaps I will wander during my lunch break tomorrow ten blocks up and four blocks over through the entrance of the stone wall, past Wollman Rink, through the promenade, and over the bridge by the Conservatory and Boat House. Maybe I shall go to the Hans Christian Anderson Pond where young children and their grandfathers sail boats.  Maybe I will ignore the voice in my head and buy a Screwball from the ice cream truck because walks are always better when a Screwball is held in one hand. 

*Image via flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment