1. I am 100% sure that the first song I ever heard was the Morning Edition theme (I was born at home at night and I can't imagine that they didn't put on NPR in the morning as they have every other morning of my life. The Tivoli Radio is suppose to be the best.
2. My father introduced me to Cee Lo and Outkast and tells me I'm his "best black jew" regularly. I think it means he loves me. How about The Lady Killer by Cee Lo?
3. Dad is also a huge believer in buying books on subjects. He's a big ask an expert kind of a guy. How about this The NPR Curious Listener's Guide to Classical Music? He's always talking about what a bitch Mrs. Wagner was. I know.
4. Did I mention that he goes to yoga five days a week? He does. And I'm pretty sure that Cork Yoga Blocks are better than the plastic ones they have there.
5. For cooking his darling daughter dinner - The New Book of Middle Eastern Food.
6. Peppermint Bark needs no introduction. It means Christmas in a way that nothing else does.
7. The 20th Century Art Book so he can gobble up a little bit more of the art world.
8. My parents local coffee roasters is Greencastle Coffee Roasters and they have a million teas and coffees and they are mostly delicious. Perhaps a couple of pounds of something delicious that he wouldn't buy for himself