Friday, November 30, 2012
Giving, For Mums
My mum actually does on occasion read this blog so I'm not going to post anything that will actually be under the tree for Mumsters this year. I wish I had a million dollars so I could get my mum ALL of these things but since I can't I'll send them out into the interwebs and maybe you'll buy them for your mum.
1. I think one of us almost always gets pajamas for our mother, mostly my brother, if I were going to get her pjs this year I'd get her these Constalation Pajamas.
2. While this year plants are absent from her Christmas list she has typically asked for a jade plant or something else fun. I really love this rosemary plant.
3. This gorgeous jacket is one of my favourite things and my mum would look super glam in it.
4. I think Mummie is a raw diamond earrings kind of a lady.
5. She is also a big old hippy and I think she might be interested to know how black beans eliminate damp. Healing with Whole Foods will tell her all about this.
6. When I lived in York for a year I brought my mother loads of the British foods she had as a girl. They are all available through British Delights foods here.
7. Since most of her children are out of the house (poor Quatro at home alone) she is all about the horses and has decided that horses don't need to do anything they don't want to do. They don't like bits so maybe a bitless bridle would be just the thing.
8. Alexander McCall Smith says that his books are like tea books and my mother likes a good cup of tea of a book like one. Maybe his newest, The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds, or the similarly tea-like Mrs. Miniver, or A Cotswold Adventure.
9. My mom is a statement necklace wearer and has been even when everyone else was wearing wee tiny chains with a teensy weensy pendent. I think this statement necklace is divoon.