Thursday, April 11, 2013

April Showers

Bridal Shower

 
I'm almost all done prepping for my friends shower. Sometimes it's a little stressful but I am a sucker for a party with paper invitations, flower arrangements and deserts on big white platters. I've also never met a mimosa I would multiply by ten (maybe I have a drinking problem?). I've ordered flowers from the same place I ordered them for my wedding, almost three years ago (!!!) and I'm going to hang vintage post cards from Paris (found on the internet and printed at Walgreens for $1.08) from twine and clothespins (from the dollar store) and fill all the vases I own with flowers. I'm almost finished making mini-jars of jam for favours (the maid of honor is baking poundcakes for everyone and embroidering towels - what?!) and I'm going to pick up champagne and juice tomorrow for a mimosa bar. Do I own an ice bucket to keep champagne chilled? I think so.

My three sisters meanly keep telling me that I'm too old/married/fat to be a bridesmaid and I only have a small and viciously wonderful cadre of girlfriends so I think my days of bridesmaiding are almost through. Which is tragic because, as I've said, I do love throwing a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment