Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm allergic to winter


Hannah's post has me thinking of lovely thoughts of spring (and NPR, which I'm also listening to) and I thought I would continue the trend. It's freezing and snowing and generally gross in New York today. This weather gives me hives. Thankfully I don't have to work so I'm happy to be inside. Freedom from having to be a real person motivates me to do things in between watching Whose Wedding is it Anyway? and HGTV so I'm not actually a massive waste of space.  I made this linen grocery bag over the summer but never actually finished it until today. The silver buttons are some awesome buffalo nickel buttons that I found in a store in Middlebury, Vermont last fall. There, now doesn't seeing two green market bags make you feel all happy and bright inside? Don't you want to put on your beautiful polka dot dress and hop on your light blue bicycle and pedal down to the green market with Hannah to pick up fresh flowers and vegetables? Embrace it. Winter, snow, sleet bad.  La Jolla cruiser good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment