Monday, February 9, 2009

The Last Days of Disco



Whit Stillman's movies are like a lovely little walk through WASPdom of the late eighties (circa The Official Preppy Handbook and my birth) and early nineties. Since the warm weather always instills in me a sick need to wear men's clothes and sail I felt like a little meander through Metropolitain, Barcelona, and Last Days of Disco would be nice. But Netflix has decided that Last Days of Disco in not necessary for my consumption. How am I going to temper my father's clothes and boat shoes if I don't have Chloe's crazy dresses and Kate's bitchy face to remind me that all wasps need a little disco?

P.S. Also I hate one C. Sevigny much less in TLLD, normally she makes me want to punch kittens and babies.

1 comment:

  1. Totally with you on Chloe. We don't get along. We tried to, but it went poorly.

    ReplyDelete