Tuesday, May 12, 2009

One Down


Of my Summer Reading List I have knocked out Happens Every Day by Isabel Gillies (of SVU and Metropolitan fame)

The fact that Gillies isn't a writer is suppose to lend it a sweet and informal character but I wasn't madly impressed. I read for the prose, the sounds of words and sentences etc and (like Tori Spelling, I know I know I never learn) she just doesn't put a sentence together the way I want her to. Gillies and I do have a favourite poem in common though (one of many favourite poems), so I am willing to forgive her a multitude. A John Ashbery poem called "At North Farm"

Somwhere someone is traveling furiously toward you.
At incredible speed, traveling day and night,
Through blizzards and desert heat, across torrents, through narrow passes.
But will je know where to find you,
Recognize you when he sees you,
Give you the thing he has for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment