Monday, May 11, 2009

You're It


The lovely LPC has so kindly tagged us as the Queen of ALLL Things and as the tagged we must list seven things that make us Awe-summm. Like LPC says, we are all awesome and talking about what makes me awesome isn't really my style. Besides, awesome is in the eye of the beholder.

So, a compromise: here are some things that I think are awesome, which may or may not include things about myself.

1. Lisbon, Portugal

Hannah and I and our friend Erica visited Lisbon during our year abroad and out of all the places we went to I think Lisbon is the most beautiful. I think it's the color. The tiled houses and pastel stucco makes Lisbon an extremely colorful city.

2. Travel

I think every woman owes it to herself to travel as much as she can before settling down. I was hesitant about going abroad for my junior year of college. It was tough. At the time I missed home and my boyfriend but the important things are waiting for you when you return. Looking back on it, it was the best thing I have ever done. I plan to go back and travel to places I wanted to go but didn't get to before graduate school.

3. Ethnic tile, specifically of the portuguese or morroccan variety.

I love the color; I love the geometry. I would like a patio with a trellis of purple and white wisteria and a wall of colorful tile.

4. Chanel flats

I know, I know. But I want them anyway.

5. My Graduation Present

A ring, a beautiful cocktail ring that I helped design: tanzanite surrounded by diamonds with a twisted split band in white gold. It's pretty much the love of my life.

6. York Minster

When I was in York for my year abroad I went there almost every single day because my student card got me in for free. As an art history student I was and am still amazed by it.

7. The Golden Girls/ college nights

Hannah and I lost sleep our senior year because we would always stay up to watch it. If you think it's funny now, try watching from 1-2 in the morning. Then stay up for The Nanny. Trust.


Dear readers, all five of you, you're it. What makes you awesome?

1 comment:

  1. I confess. I covet Chanel sunglasses. Honking big double C's and all. I owned a pair. I lost them. I figure I used up my one chance.

    ReplyDelete